Putting off the washing up, cleaning the loo or hoovering cobwebs from your
worktops underwear carpets? Why not motivate yourself by listening to an inspirational talk at the same time? A study somewhere shows this will make your life 100% better.
Seriously: You’re in danger of massively improving your life (while getting the pots washed!)
Here are ten of my favourite TED talks, bound to motivate you, inspire you or at the very least, give you something to really think about:
1. Amy Cuddy will teach you to tweak your body language and ‘fake it until you become it.’ Moving and brilliant. I highly recommend hiding in the toilet to perform the ‘Wonder Woman’ for 2 minutes before a job interview. And yes, I get the irony.
2. Michelle Poler’s inspirational talk is the end product of 100 days ‘without fear’, a project in which she faces 100 different fears, ranging from uncomfortable to crap-your-pants terrifying. You’ll be facing off with the spider in the shed before you know it. If you’re interested in learning more, check out my blog linked to this specific talk.
3. If, like me, you’re a self-confessed lone-wolf/cold-fish/wierdo; if you’d rather have a night in with the cats than go out and see your favourite band; you’ll love Susan’s Cains’ talk about why it’s friggin’ awesome to be an introvert.
4. Having one of those days where you feel like you’ll never be confident enough to perform the speech/ask out the cute guy/join the ‘Thriller’ flashmob at Tesco next Saturday? Watch Dr. Ivan’s Joseph’s talk and remind yourself that confidence is a skill to practise and grow, rather than something you either have or don’t. Growth Mindset all the way!
5. Caroline Casey’s talk is so moving and so inspirational. No spoilers – I’ll just say it’s all about perception baby!
6. When I grow up, I want to be Dr. Pam Peeke. Her insights and research into sugar addiction are just fascinating. I just love Dr. Peeke’s honest, savvy approach. She’s like the Samantha Jones’ of the science world!
7. Who doesn’t love a bit of profanity with their housework? Sarah Knight doesn’t disappoint in this refreshingly honest TED talk.
8. Andy Puddicombe (the voice of the Headspace app) has such a soothing tone; if he can’t convince you to meditate for ten minutes a day, then you may as well give up now – you’re a lost cause.
9. If like me you’re prone to a little (or lot) of self-destruction now and again, you’ll appreciate Mel Robbins’ candour, humour and tips to get things done.
10. If you take away even just one thing from Caroline Myss’s talk, you will be a better person for it. This is one to watch again and again.
Like or loathe? Think I missed any? Comment below:
There is absolitely nothing like a good Ted talk to get your inspirational and motivational brainwaves going. A few that I’ve enjoyed were Sarah Knight
The art of not giving a f@&$
The year that I said yes to everything
And there are so many more that I’ve enjoyed but those three have stood out most for me.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yep. Sarah knight makes it in. Brene brown is so empowering too. I need to watch Shonda Rhimes so thank you I’ll look that up. Really give you food for thought…